Not everyone has a distinguished appearance since birth. Delicate correct nose, almond-shaped eyes and pouty lips – a perfect combination that millions of women dream of. Dissatisfaction with themselves increasingly frequently forces them to apply for contour correction or the services of plastic surgeons (rhinoplasty).
Indications and contraindications
Nose correction (rhinoplasty) is a surgery during which the doctor corrects birth defects of the nose and those that were obtained as a result of injury or corrects its shape (for example, a bulbous nose) that does not suit the client. According to statistics, 60% of patients choose plastic surgery precisely because of dissatisfaction with their appearance. And the remaining 40% - for medical reasons.
Contraindications to rhinoplasty:
- mucous membrane inflammation;
- runny nose and progressive sinus inflammation;
- diseases or inflammation of the skin in the problem area (herpes, folliculitis, etc.);
- poor blood clotting;
- cancerous diseases;
- physicians are very careful about plastic surgery in case of clients who have reached the age of 40 years (at this stage of life, regenerative processes are reduced, therefore there is a risk of postoperative complications);
- age under 18 years (until this moment, cartilages and bone tissue still continue to develop);
- diabetes mellitus type 1 and type 2;
- infectious diseases in the acute stage of their course;
- malfunction of the internal organs;
- individual differences of the patient's body, for example, allergic reactions;
- pregnancy and lactation period;
- psychosocial disabilities.
How to correct the snub nose?
Rhinoplasty includes both surgical and non-surgical methods, each of which solves an individual client problem and, at the same time, can affect different tissues.
- Correction of the base (alae) of the nose. The goal of the surgery is to correct the width, shape, contour or thickness of the nostrils. Often, this type of operative treatment is carried out for aesthetic reasons or is the final stage of the reconstruction of the tip or dorsum of the snub nose.
- Correction of the tip of the nose. This is a surgery of the highest level of complexity, so it requires great experience from the doctor. This type of operative treatment is able to correct the deformation of the axis, turned-up tip or hooknose. Meaning, seriously transform a person.
- Correction of the shape. The purpose of the surgery is to give the dorsum of the nose the correct shape (to align the axis, to eliminate the hump, to correct the shape of the snub nose). The doctor may affect both cartilages and bone tissue.
- Columella correction. Columella is a skin septum that separates a person's nostrils. It may be too narrow, wide, drawn back, or prominent. Any of these defects can be fairly easily corrected by surgery.
- Augmentation rhinoplasty. The goal is to increase the nasal skeleton to eliminate the external snub nose effect. As a rule, augmentation correction is performed during secondary rhinoplasty.
- Rhinoseptoplasty is aimed at correcting the deformation of the septum to facilitate patient breathing and eliminate snoring.
- Non-surgical methods. Injectible administration of fillers (special gels) allows you to correct the shape of the snub nose and eliminate its minor external defects.
In addition to the extended classification of rhinoplasty methods, specialists also divide them into open and closed types. In the first case, the surgeon makes an insection on the columella and in the nostrils, which allows visualizing the nasal skeleton. The open method is used only during complex operations. In case of closed type, the insections are made only in the nostrils; afterwards they are absolutely not visible.
Surgical rhinoplasty of the tip of the snub nose
Surgical intervention is a cardinal measure that allows you to achieve the desired result for the entire life and correct the consequences of even a serious injury. However, like any other surgery, the plastic one has its own difficulties, contraindications and specifics. Therefore, it is necessary to be 100% sure when choosing the surgeon, whom the result of the procedure will depend on. The specialist should have enough practical experience, positive patient feedback and an extensive portfolio, referring to which the client can evaluate the quality of his/her job. It is desirable that the examples presented contain those, directly related to the problem of correcting the shape of the snub nose.
At the preliminary consultation with a plastic surgeon, you can choose the future shape of the nose with your doctor. Nowadays, thanks to computer simulation, it is easy to do that. You should not use as reference the shape of your idol's nose; you should choose the one that suits you.
The surgical method has such indisputable advantages as:
- permanent result;
- achieving the desired aesthetic result;
- improving facial proportions;
- increasing client’s self-esteem.
Do not forget about the negative aspects of the method:
- high cost of surgical services;
- long-lasting rehabilitation period;
- possibility of side effects and complications.
Non-surgical correction methods are based on the administration of special gel fillers into problem areas. They are aimed at eliminating minor aesthetic defects.
Among the advantages of injection techniques the following can be identified:
- short procedure duration - about 30 minutes;
- almost complete absence of rehabilitation period, which lasts only one day;
- low price;
- absence of scars and cicatrices;
- minimal side effects.
Its shortcomings can only include the short duration of the achieved result (not longer than a year).
Rehabilitation after correction of the tip of the nose
As a rule, the postoperative period of the rhinoplasty is not followed by complications. But, its course can be influenced by the patient's age, individual characteristics of the body and the quality of the procedure itself. In general, the rehabilitation comprises of:
- Administration of painkillers and antibiotics.
- Wearing a plaster bandage during the first 10 days. This measure contributes to the proper healing of tissues and the development of a new form. Moreover, the bandage will protect you from careless movements while sleeping.
- Use of sterile solutions for washing the nasal passages and special preparations for external use.
- During the rehabilitation period, you should not attend baths, saunas or expose the body to heavy physical activity.
- During the first 2-4 months after the plastic reconstruction it is worth to stop wearing glasses.
- It is better to sleep on back only (at least for 2 weeks).
Side effects can include the following: edema of the operated area, bleeding, allergic reactions, hematomas, reduced sensitivity in the nasal region, skin pigmentation, and impaired sense of smell.