Frontoplasty (forehead plastic) is a complex of surgical methods aimed at eliminating cosmetic defects, removing wrinkles and changing the shape of the forehead and arches above the eyebrows. The lifting operation allows you to reduce the high forehead, increase the projection of the frontal tubercles and correct asymmetry. In addition, forehead plastics have a rejuvenating effect, smoothing and reducing wrinkles in the upper third of the face and eliminating overhanging eyebrows.
Indications for frontal plasty:
Plastic surgery has no medical indications. The lifting brings a visible aesthetic result (from smoothing wrinkles to correcting the facial skeleton) and is used in the following cases:
- too low or high forehead;
- violation of the development of the skeleton of the face and, as a result, an increase in the frontal tubercles with the appearance of wrinkles;
- asymmetric or too pronounced arches over the eyebrows and their overhang, which can also be eliminated by endoscopic forehead plasty, the patient reviews and their photos before and after the procedure indicate its high results;
- age-related changes: drooping and reduction of the lateral angles of the eyelids, vertical groove above the bridge of the nose;
- ptosis of the eyebrows;
- deep wrinkles (skin tightening can also be carried out with a less traumatic method of plastic surgery, for example, through a form of thread lifting);
- deformation of the frontal part, arches over the eyebrows and their overhang as a result of injury.
How is the correction carried out
The procedure is performed under general anesthesia and takes about 3 hours. The incision is made along the scalp. Depending on the purpose of the surgical intervention, for lifting, cutters are selected for processing bone or opening the frontal sinuses.
During the correction, when the patient is under anesthesia, the septa are treated and the bony covers are deepened. Frontoplasty gives an amazing effect, which is displayed in the photos before and after it. Its result justifies the cost.
- Preliminary consultation of the surgeon.
- Twelve days before the operation it is necessary to undergo a laboratory examination. List of analyzes
- abruption tissue
- imposition of guy-sutures taking off that is not necessary, resolve independently
Contraindications and rehabilitation period
In Ukraine, plastic surgery is contraindicated in the case of:
- the presence of cancer;
- taking medications that reduce blood clotting or the presence of diseases that disrupt it;
- the inflammatory process in those tissues that will be involved in the correction;
- if the patient is sick with any infectious disease or diabetes mellitus;
- the operation is contraindicated for persons under 18 years of age.
In accordance with the patients' reviews, the following complications during rehabilitation can be distinguished:
- hematomas and swelling of the eyelids;
- headaches after correction;
- formation of blood clots in the temporal region;
- infection of the incision area on the forehead;
- loss of sensitivity of the skin in the area of the face on which the plastic was performed.
Recovery after the procedure
Frontoplasty is a complex plastic surgery and has a number of consequences that accompany rehabilitation:
- decreased skin sensitivity within 3-4 months after the forehead skin tightening;
- slight heaviness in the eyelid area, provoked by swelling of the frontal tissues after lifting;
- discomfort and pain in the temporal region.
Type of anesthesia
Hospital or ambulatory
1 day hospital
According to patients' reviews, forehead correction gives a slight effect of a circular face and neck lift. This is also confirmed by the photo of the face before and after.
How much does frontoplasty cost in Ukraine
The cost of plastic surgery cannot be underestimated, since it is a complex operation that requires not only high-level professional knowledge, but also high-tech equipment and expensive medicines. The price is set individually according to the patient's indications.
You can find out how much plastic frontoplasty costs by contacting our clinic in person or by phone. You can find out how much other services cost in the "Our Prices" section of the site. LLC "Clinic of Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery" (Poltava) offers its patients a high level of service and affordable prices for a facelift.
Frequently answered questions about the plastics of the forehead, the front plastics
✅ Will the scars remain after the forehead reduction?
Plastic surgery for a forehead lift can solve many aesthetic problems. The soft tissue incisions performed during the procedure are located above the hairline. Subsequently, small scars remain. But due to their location in the scalp, the scars turn out to be invisible in appearance.
⭐ When will the numbness after the forehead surgery go away?
Numbness after a forehead lift can be felt in the area where the intervention was performed for several months. Sensitivity will fully return within four months after surgery. Discomfort in the temporal region, heaviness in the eyelid region pass faster - on average in a couple of weeks.
✔️ Can frontoplasty be done under local anesthesia?
In most cases, a forehead lift is performed under general anesthesia. However, with some types of procedures, local anesthesia is possible. This issue is discussed with the surgeon at a preliminary consultation.
✅ How long does rehabilitation take after forehead reduction?
The recovery period after frontal plasty takes about three months. In the first weeks after forehead lift surgery, swelling will be noticeable, which will gradually subside. The higher the degree of invasiveness of the procedure, the longer it will take for full rehabilitation.
Unfortunately reviews about this service are not yet available.