Mentoplasty is a type of plastic surgery that involves correcting the shape and size of the chin. In the literature, the term genioplasty is also found, which is synonymous with mentoplasty. It is performed to improve the proportions of the face, as well as to eliminate the consequences of injuries, diseases and birth defects. Chin plasty is considered a simple surgical intervention that gives a good result in the shortest possible time.
What types of mentoplasty exist
In the course of the development of technologies in surgery, the following types of chin correction have appeared:
- chin augmentation. It is performed by pushing the lower jaw forward and then placing the implant. The latter can be made from materials that are neutral for the body, as well as from its own adipose tissue;
- chin reduction. It is performed using osteoplastic technique, which involves the removal of excess bone and cartilage.
It is possible to reduce or increase the chin in the clinic of plastic and cosmetic surgery in Poltava. We accept patients from all over Ukraine, including Kiev and Kharkov. Registration for a consultation is carried out on the official website. Also on the site are available reviews of our clients with photos before and after operations.
What are the indications for the procedure
It is mainly performed to improve the aesthetic qualities of the face. Among the examples of indications, we highlight:
- anomalies in the development of the jaw. There are a number of genetically determined pathologies that cause birth defects of the lower jaw and chin. Such conditions require surgical intervention, not only from an aesthetic point of view, but also in cases where the disease interferes with the patient's quality of life;
- violation of the structure of the lower jaw and chin due to injuries. In such cases, a traumatic curvature of the anatomical region can be observed, which affects its function;
- deformation due to an infectious process;
- undeveloped lower chin. It is characterized by the inability to fully participate in the lower jaw in the process of speech formation, as well as nutrition.
What are the contraindications
Despite the wide list of conditions in which surgery is necessary, there are a number of conditions that prohibit mentoplasty:
- inflammatory processes of the skin in the area of the surgical wound. There are several types of inflammation, including infectious. In such cases, surgical intervention threatens to spread the infection deeper through the tissues or contributes to the entry of the pathogen into the bloodstream, which threatens with sepsis;
- heart and lung failure. Patients with the listed phenomena can be difficult to tolerate surgical interventions on various organs and systems. For this reason, it is necessary to identify in advance chronic diseases in humans;
- pathology from the blood system. These include anemic conditions, as well as a defect in the side of blood coagulation. The latter can lead to profuse bleeding even from a small wound;
- diabetes. It is a multicomponent disease characterized by a predominance of catabolism. The latter is understood as the destruction of complex elements into simpler ones, which is manifested by the severity of the pathological process, as well as slow or impossible healing of the postoperative wound.
- Preliminary consultation of the surgeon.
- Twelve days before the operation it is necessary to undergo a laboratory examination. List of analyzes
- selection implant
- careful marking
- installation implant
Preparation process for surgery
In the preparatory stage, a consultation takes place, at which the complexity of the procedure is clarified and possible complications are determined. Additionally, the patient must undergo a series of tests:
- general analysis of blood and urine;
- coagulogram. Performed to determine the state of the blood coagulation system;
- determination of the blood group;
- ECG. It is necessary for the detection of rhythm disturbances, as well as for the diagnosis of heart failure;
- reaction to anesthetic. Performed in case of using anesthesia;
- checking the correct bite.
The above studies allow you to determine contraindications, as well as the possibility of complications. Allows the surgeon to predict the course of the operation.
How is the procedure
Depending on the type of plastic surgery, the course of surgery is:
- increase. An incision is made in the lower edge of the lip from the inside with the subsequent installation of the implant;
- decrease. They resort to the use of osteotomy. The doctor makes an incision of the lip from the inside, mobilizes the lower jaw, which helps to reduce the excess bone.
Surgical intervention lasts from one to two hours.
What are the complications
After genioplasty, the following negative phenomena can be observed:
- numbness of the skin in the area of the lower lip;
- swelling in the area of plastic surgery;
- chin tightness or implant displacement. occurs in case of gross violations of the rules during the rehabilitation period.
You can get acquainted with the complications at the consultation, where the plastic surgeon will tell you in detail about the intricacies of the recovery period, as well as the cost of the intervention.
Type of anesthesia
Hospital or ambulatory
ambulatory/or 1 day hospital
Postoperative wound care
To prevent the appearance of complications, resort to:
- using a support bandage;
- eat chopped food;
- rinse your mouth with an antiseptic. It will prevent the introduction of infection into the area of operational access.
As practice shows, the recovery period takes up to two weeks.
The result of plastic surgery
Changes in shape and size become visible at the end of the rehabilitation period. You can see the results of the work in the "Reviews" section, where photographs are presented before and after surgery, and you can also get additional information from our clients.
How much does mentoplasty cost
The cost of the operation to reduce or increase the chin can be found in the section "Our Prices". The final price may differ from the one set on the website, depending on the scope of work. Registration is carried out on the website in the "Contacts" section. Our clinic is located in Poltava and accepts patients from Kharkov, Kiev, as well as other cities of Ukraine.
Hello my dear doctors! My name is Alena! I have Been your patient for several years. You made me blepharoplasty lower and upper eyelids, bullhorn, lipofilling of the face, mentoplasty, facelift painting and after painting facelift middle temporal area of the face. I am very happy with everyone!
I want to sincerely thank Lesya Fedorovna, Ilya Yurievich and Nikita Ilyich, as well as all the staff of the clinic for your work and care of patients!!! I did a re-rhinoplasty with Ilya Yurievich, the result exceeded all my expectations, the nose turned out very harmonious and elegant.Despite the complexity of the alteration, the doctor the surgery was carried jewelry, after surgery swelling and bruises were minimal, all gone within a week after removal of plaster. Nikita Ilyich had a great operation to increase the chin - the shape and size of the chin turned out the way I wanted, and most importantly - it looks very natural. Clinic staff-very kind, attentive and responsive people, and most importantly - real professionals!!!!